The ENT people came by and decided that it was unsafe for Josiah to swallow, and that the need for nutrients outweighed any risk of having the tube put in. It's a small tube from his nose to his stomach. The alternative is one going into his small intestine, but it's more invasive and requires an almost-constant food source, so we're hoping this one gets the job done.
The ENT felt that the bigger test at the other hospital was a good idea, but since Josiah's still so sick (and can't off O2), they can't discharge him. We're here to stay for a while
In other news, it seems that they haven't ruled out pneumonia as the root cause of the breathing issue. They're unsure if it's viral or bacterial. If it's viral, it will be 7-10 days before he recovers.
Right now, he's on more oxygen then he was earlier, and if he comes off of it (i.e., pulls it off his face), his O2 sats drop fairly quickly.
Merri just left to go home for a while, so I'm here watching Josiah sleep. They're going to try some Pedialyte here in a little while to see if he can keep it down.